Considerations When Choosing Tile Countertops
- Ceramic. The most common and least expensive option, ceramic tile is crafted from pressed clays and finished with a glaze. The glaze is what gives the porous material protection from water and stains.
- Porcelain. Composed of clays and minerals fired at higher temperatures, porcelain is a durable surface. It is pricier and more difficult to install than ceramic.
- Size. Choose from a variety of sizes, from tiny mosaics up to 48-inch squares.
- Finish. Options include smooth glazed, matte, hand-painted, crackled and printed. Keep in mind that less glossy finishes can help mask damage.
- Grout. Grout can be tinted to match or contrast, depending on the desired look.
- Accents. Tile can be inlayed near the range as an integrated trivet or seamlessly installed up the wall for a matching backsplash.
For more countertop materials, click HERE
Information Curtesy of HGTV
2017 trends, backsplashes, bathroom countertop, bathroom design, bathroom ideas, Ceramic tile, Ceramic tile countertops, Choosing Tile Countertops, colorful countertop, concrete countertop, countertop ideas, countertop material, countertop tile, countertop tile thickness, countertop trends 2017, creative countertop, Decor Trends, design, design trends, design trends 2017, Fratantoni, Fratantoni interior designers, grout, home, Home Decor, Home Decor Ideas, Home Decor Trends, home design, home design trends, home trends 2017, how to, how to create a living room, how to decorate a living room, Ideas and Inspiration, interior design, interior design ideas, interior design trends, interior designer, interior designers, interiors, kitchen counter ideas, kitchen counter inspiration, kitchen countertop, kitchen countertop ideas, kitchen design, kitchen design ideas, kitchen goals, kitchen interior desin, kitchen remodel, kitchen remodel ideas, Kitchen trends, luxury, luxury home design, luxury homes, luxury kitchen, luxury kitchen designs, man-made material, man-made tile, marble, marble slab, marble tile, natural stone tiles, pattern, patterned tile, Porcelain, renovation, stone tiles, style-savvy homeowners, tile, tile benefits, tile color, tile countertop benifits, tile countertops, tile design details, tile finish, tile grout, tile hardness, tile ideas, tile ideas and inspiration, tile inspiration, tile kitchen countertops, tile maintenance, tile pattern, tile thickness, Tile Types, tiled kitchen counter, tips and tricks, trends 2017